Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pudding Wrestling

A few weeks ago, I was at a going away party for my friend Jason. After we kicked everyone's ass at Beer Pong, he challenged me to pudding wrestling. I couldn't let that pass. I thought "what's the worst that can happen? I could feel like an idiot tomorrow, or somebody might take a picture and I'll feel like an idiot for posterity. But I've never done it, and I should say yes to this." So I did. And below, boys and girls, are the two reasons that I should possibly have contemplated saying no instead of yes.


Reason #1

I'm not sorry I said yes, even though there are pictures, and I did get cut, and I did have to go to the ER and get stitches and a tetanus shot. It was an experience. And besides, how cool is that scar story?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who captured these images? They appear to be a gifted photographer. Look at the composition, the pathos and the sheer empathy of the camera. I'm breathless.

7/07/2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home