Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Friday, January 20, 2006

A new necklace

I need a new necklace - one that means something special and I can wear every day. I had a cross that I wore until it broke, and I'm open to another cross, but I think at this time I might like something different. However, I am in a quandary as to what to get.

My criteria are these:

1) A small pendant, no bigger than 1 inch or so in height...

2) ...made of silver, jade, or glass; if silver, possibly incorporating a "soft" semi-precious stone element (amethyst, opal, moonstone, agate, garnet, etc.)

3) Not too gaudy/flashy

4) Silver chain or leather cord...

5) ...that is on the longish side (not a choker)

6) Some spiritual element to the piece is preferred but not required

7) Asian/Pacific elements are great

8) Not so much into Incan/Aztec/Native symbols

9) Something that I can wear every day but can gracefully transition to more festive/dressy occasions

I saw a beautiful lotus necklace in Miami a while ago but I wasn't sure so I didn't get it. I just haven't yet found one that calls to me. The ones below each have an element or two that I like - but none of them are perfect. Any ideas/feedback/suggestions would be great!

Garnet Choker

Sterling Knot

Moon Goddess Charm

Wine Stone

Tumi Opal Choker

Love's Flame Choker

Skin Window

Rice Seed

Green Crescent Moon

Harmony Jade Choker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home