Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Advent meditations

I've subscribed an email Advent meditation from Whosoever.com. It's definitely worth the few minutes each day it will take to read it. Here's an excerpt from the one I got yesterday:

The lives of those who prayerfully await the return of the Root of Jesse are marked by hope, joy, serenity and power. For them there is no situation that is hopeless, for to God's care every situation has been committed. They experience the joy that bubbles up from within, the joy which finds its source in Christ's springs of salvation. Those who are assured that God is truly in control can free themselves from inner tensions and from undue concern about external events. The power of Christ centred men and women is not demonstrated in authority over others, but in lives which reflect God's power constantly working out holiness within each person.

Subscribe to Advent Meditation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home