Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Kathleen visits again redux

OK...so I finally have time to add some more information about Kathleen's visit - expand a little if you will. She got to meet Cristina and they got along well, which is great. She got to see everybody again, which she was happy about.

We went bowling the Friday night she got in - Steve, Helen, Curt, DeeDee, Brenda, Phil, Cristina, me and Kathleen. It wasn't my best showing, but it was still fun. We just hung out and were lazy on the weekend, which was nice. It was great to have her around again.

Monday - Cristina took the day off (since it was my birthday) and she, Kathleen and I went down to Miami. Phil was supposed to be off and come with us but he ended up having to work. We walked around Lincoln Road, had lunch, shopped at Base (I miraculously managed to escape without buying anything!) and then hung out at Sheri's house for a bit before we drove back up and met up with Phil and Sharill at Duffy's. See New York? New Amsterdam, humnh for details on my fabulous birthday present.

Wednesday - we went to the Dirty Dwarf, of course. Unfortunately Steve and Helen were sick and didn't make it but we had a good turnout nonetheless.

Chris and Sharill

Cristina and Sharill

Kathleen and Phil

Sharill and me

Me and Cristina

Jamie and me


Thursday - I took Kathleen, Phil and Cristina to the Toasters, their first show! Not their first concert, of course, but the first show of this nature - small venue, big pit, band close up. The energy at a show like that is fantastic, and you can't help but dance. For pictures, click here.

Friday - Kathleen, Phil, Cristina and I went to the Melting Pot. That was awesome. Good food in a welcoming and warm environment - who could ask for more? The dessert there is amazing. Check it out.

Saturday - Sharill, Chris, Phil, Kathleen and I went to Boynton Beach - I had wanted to take Kathleen down to Miami Beach but that didn't work out. We all crammed into my car - it's bigger than it looks from the outside, but still, 5 full-sized people packs a car relatively full.

Sharill, Chris and me

Phil, Kathleen and Sharill

Sharill and Chris

A great day for swimming

Beautiful beach

Basking beauties


Sunday - Kathleen had never been to Islands of Adventure or Universal, so she, Cristina, Phil and I went and had a blast. We met up with Phil's mom for lunch while we were there - such a nice lady! I, of course, refused to ride on the Hulk or Dueling Dragons so I got some good pictures of them. For pics, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home