Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Christmas Wishes

It seems that there's a time, between childhood and adulthood, when having a Christmas wish list just seems greedy and de-joyifying. When you're a kid, you're expected to have a huge long wish list and expect to receive everything on it. Then at some point, it starts to seem silly and you start to say "oh, whatever you get me will be fine" although you know full well that it won't be. For instance, what if you got a fuzzy sweater with sheep on it, or a BeDazzler, or leg warmers? Obviously none of those things are extremely useful or wished for. But we have this notion that specifying what you really want makes you ungrateful and picky. And the gift-buyers are left scrambling to try and find something you really want. Then, suddenly, when you reach adulthood, people begin asking you again because they really have no idea what to get you.

So - with that being said, here's what I REALLY want for Christmas:

- An upgrade of my Flickr account to a flickr pro account ($24.95 for one year)
- Cool journals (lined paper)
- Smooth-writing pens (no thicker than 0.5 mm line)
- Books from my Amazon.com wishlist
- Giftcards to Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, or Amazon
- a new digital camera - Sony CyberShot DSCN 8.1MP and 1GB memory stick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home