Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Simple pleasures

You might not think that 9 adults could play hide and seek for 3 hours in a 2 bedroom townhouse. If you thought that, you would be wrong. It's nice to revisit childhood experiences, like suffocating in the closet waiting to be found. We turned off all of the lights in the house to make it more fun.

I think my best hiding place was under the comforter on Glen and Mandy's bed. It seemed like an excellent idea until I realized, about a minute and a half after I hid, that it was an extremely warm down comforter. Now don't get me wrong, I love warmth and cuddly-ness more than most - but there were a LOT of people in the room. Body heat + south florida heat + adrenaline rush from hoping you don't get found = very, very, very hot and hard to breathe.

I think Mike may have had the best hiding place - inside the closet, on top of the hot water heater. Nobody thought he could get in, but he proved us all wrong. Granted, his back may never be the same, but he still didn't get found. Christian managed to squeeze in between the fridge and the wall, and then put a blanket over his head.

Hide and seek is awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger madge said...

So there are young people in Palm Beach County??!

I was linking through my profile, and you are the only other person in the blogosphere that has "Homesick: My Own Story" listed as a favorite book. If that isn't weird enough, I lived in WPB for two years very recently. Now I'm in Tampa. I had to say hello! And now I'm dying to know if you get to go to China or not...I'm an advocate for people (myself included) getting the hell out of Florida: GOOD LUCK!

8/14/2005 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home