Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A word experiment

I was hoping that someone would notice and say something about the incorrect usage of the word "judicial" that I put in my blog description. The original sentence was:
'the judicial use of "no"'

It's been almost a week and no one has said anything, so I suppose I must conclude that my experiment has failed. The sentence has now been changed to the correct:
'the judicious use of "no"'

I bet I'm one of those people who, if I was interviewing someone for a job, would put a typo and/or grammatical error in the application to see if they would notice it and say something.

2 Comments:

Blogger BillDad said...

Ok. What is the difference between judicial and judicious in regards to their use in your comment?

7/13/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

As defined by dictionary.com:

ju·di·cial (j-dshl) adj.
Law.
Of, relating to, or proper to courts of law or to the administration of justice: the judicial system.
Decreed by or proceeding from a court of justice: a judicial decision.
Belonging or appropriate to the office of a judge: in judicial robes.
Characterized by or expressing judgment: the judicial function of a literary critic.
Proceeding from a divine judgment.

ju·di·cious (j-dshs) adj.
Having or exhibiting sound judgment; prudent.

7/13/2005 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home