Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

China, here I come (maybe)

Well, after two weeks (OK, fine, two years) of thinking about it, and one week of completely agonizing over it, I finally made the decision to apply again for a job teaching English in China. I turned it down two years ago and, while I don't exactly regret it, as things have turned out extremely well in the interim, I definitely need to do it now or I will regret it in the future. So, on Friday I sent my resume to my uncle's friend Jason, who has been at Jiangsu University for the past three years. I asked him to help me get an position in the spring. As soon as I sent it I started shaking and got butterflies in my stomach - but good ones, not bad ones.

I really can't wait. The absolute hardest part is going to be leaving my job and my coworkers and friends. They are all amazing, and it's not going to be easy. I know I'll start crying at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home