Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Friday, August 19, 2005

China (is now almost certain to be) a go!!

I just heard back from Jason, my uncle's friend who teaches in China. He said (and I quote):

"I'll be happy to recommend you for a job here, but it will be a few months before any concrete progress can be made. I should be able to secure you a job here pretty easily, but before I do, we'll have to wait until the staff here has finished processing this semester's new teachers and they begin the job of arranging for next semester."

I think that means I am in like the proverbial Flynn. Who the hell Flynn is, I don't know, and I really don't care. I am patient, I can wait, and I am going to China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home