Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Monday, August 07, 2006

National Poetry Slam

Cristina and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Austin and the National Poetry Slam. I got the new camera today, so we will have photos AND video - I'm taking the camcorder too. It's going to be great - hot, but awesome.

Wednesday night our bout is at 10PM, and Thursday our bout is at 8PM. Friday night is semifinals and Saturday night is finals. There are various assorted open mics and slams during the day and at night. I have to leave on Friday evening to get back in time for orientation on Saturday. I have no doubt we'll make it to the semi-finals, so I guess I'll just have to rely on someone else videotaping it for me.

Not sure if there'll be updates on the official site or not - if I can blog I will, if not, I will just write a huge entry when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home