Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Prophetess Of Everlasting Tempests

Last night Cristina, Kathleen and I went to Dada for their weekly poetry slam. Jamie met us there and so did my friend Gerritt. Steve was supposed to come, but went home instead. Oh yeah, I called you out - in a public forum, no less! So whaddya gonna do about it, huh? :)

Cristina started off round one (she hates to go first but did beautifully anyway!) and made it to the second round...and then the third. She placed third in the final round, which, since it was the first Tuesday of the month, gets her a spot to compete on March 21st at the Grand Slam. I'm so proud of her. There were some really good poets there too.

A funny - also there was a guy that I see when I go to get lunch every day at California Pizza Kitchen. Apparently I'm the "latte and Chick-Fil-A girl" since I come in each day with a tray of coffee and a bag of Chick-Fil-A. But now I have a name! I'm so excited.

For more general info on the Delray Beach Poetry Slam at Dada, check out Poets-Anonymous.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home