Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Big...blue...eyes

A few nights ago, Cristina and I finally started watching the Fellowship of the Ring. Not the theatrical version mind you - the full-on, 3 hour and 10 minute extended edition. We've still got about 30 minutes left, but so far she likes it and appreciates the fact that she has her own personal Middle Earth tour guide (yours truly). I can point out all of the deleted scenes and tell where they used stunt doubles instead of real hobbits.

Once she's comfortable enough to be able to quote whole passages of dialogue, we'll move on to the cast commentaries. We had a short tutorial the other night on Numenorean bloodline, and took the briefest of tangents into Aragorn's own interpretation of his destiny and the different portrayals of his inner anguish in the book and the movie.

One of these nights we'll have Sharill as guest speaker/interpreter. Oh, the world will fill with mirth and magic - and who knows, we might even lose time within ourselves!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cuz whats up I havent seen you around lately. Just wanted to say hi. love Jordan

Oh P.S. check out my myspace i just got on so i dont have any blgs but its geting there.

3/09/2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home