Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Vindication!

I have had issues with Cingular for about...oh...2 years now. I finally switched over to Verizon last month and ported my number, only to get a Cingular bill that charged me for an entire month during which I had service for all of four days. Naturally, this irritated me.

I called and spoke to two CSRs and a manager and was unable to get anything taken off (save a $36 reconnection fee which I was perfectly willing to pay). Normally, I would have said "well, OK" and paid it. Not this time. I've been dealing with the dropped calls and terrible reception and inability to hear out of my phone for two years, and I wasn't going to give up that easily. I was very nice throughout all of the phone calls, accepted the limitations of the persons with whom I spoke, and asked for a address to which I could send a letter escalating my complaint. I wrote an extremely reasonable (not just my opinion!) three-page letter detailing the issues and asking them to come up with an acceptable solution. I sent it without much more than a seed of hope glimmering afar off in the distance.

You know what? I got a phone call today at work from a number that I didn't recognize, so I didn't pick it up. I checked my voicemail just now, and it was a call from Ashley at Cingular saying that she had taken off all charges save $28.06, which was the prorated time for the days I still officially had service, plus some text messaging overage.

I doubt she will ever read this, but Ashley, if you do - thank you. You made my day and made me feel that standing up for myself could possibly be worthwhile. I'll gladly pay the $28.06 and I will never say bad things about Cingular Customer Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home