Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Monday, April 03, 2006

A good weekend

This weekend was good. I worked at the store on Saturday since Cristina was short one employee, and I didn't mess anything up! I rang up people and sold cakes. The hardest part was remembering what was in each one. I kept having to ask Lynn that. I forgot how much fun selling (anything, really) can be, and there were no nasty customers the whole day. Pretty cool.

Saturday night we went to my friend Jules' housewarming party. He, Rachelle and Greg just moved into a really cool house in Royal Palm Beach. They had a bunch of ribs and chicken and beans. I hadn't seen them in quite a while, so it was great to hang out. They finally met Cristina and everyone got along well. Love that! When we left, Rachelle gave me a nutty bar. We also took a big bag of corn, because they said they had too much.

On to Phil's. We hung out there for a bit - he and Hans were playing tennis on playstation or sega or whatever is the latest game system. I can't keep track, really. Who can? Oh wait - everyone but me. Nevermind :) Cristina started falling asleep on the couch so we left after about an hour and a half. Not before getting a) some good pina coladas and b) the finished dvd of the slam. Got to bed relatively early, in preparation for Sunday and...

...a major birthday party for Cristina's brother and nephew. The bash was circus-themed, so naturally there was cotton candy and popcorn. Naturally, I took advantage of that, therefore winding up with a stomachache that you would traditionally get only after pigging out at a fair. I think I ate four or five hot dogs, countless tiny meatballs, and as previously mentioned, enough cotton candy to keep a 4 year old awake for approximately two years. I didn't write down Sunday in my food journal. There's no need to start a cycle of guilt from which I'd be unable to free myself.

I definitely had fun at the Jiménez family circus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home