Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Grand Slam

So...despite my confusing email about the actual date, the grand slam was last Tuesday, March 21. Jamie, Misty and her friend Matt, and Desi and his friend Ian came out. There were six poets total that showed up - Cristina placed third, thereby gaining a spot on the Delray Beach team for the National Poetry Slam in Austin. In August. Oh yeah.

She did three poems in the three rounds - I've seen her slam each of them several times before, and she did them better that night than I've ever seen. So proud of her.

Apparently the weeks and months leading up to the NPS are extremely intense and excessively creative. Practice, writing, reading, slamming, practice. We don't know the dates yet, but it's a little over five months away. Plenty of time, until it becomes two weeks before and then it's no time at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home