Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lord of the Rings Drinking Game

Cristina and I finished watching Return of the King on Thursday. We had the entire second disk to go, but she really wanted to finish it - so we stayed up until 2 AM to do so.

We were discussing and naming the various acting elements relied upon by the characters. I just now realized that there is a great drinking game to be had whilst watching any of the three movies.

CNS = Conflicted Numenorean Stare/Statement (either one will work)
e.g. "The same blood runs in my veins...the same weakness."
or Aragorn's face while staring at the shards of Narsil

EES = Emotive Elf Statement
e.g. "A red sun rises. Blood has been shed this night."

GDH = Gratuitous Dwarf Hilarity
e.g. "We dwarves are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!"

HHM = Helpful Hobbit Moment (the x-rated version changes this to "Homoerotic Hobbit Moment")
e.g. "I can't carry the ring Mr. Frodo, but I can carry you!"

When you spot one of the above elements, take a drink/shot. Bonus shot if two or more elements occur in a single interaction between characters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa S. Green said...

Oh this is priceless! Now, the next stage must be: practice creating any of the above rhetorical devices in your own life. And then take a shot.

4/28/2006 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home