Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Cuff Links

I always wanted to wear cuff links. Not just any cuff links - I wanted someone I loved to give me an extra special set of cuff links that I would wear every day to work, like in all of the stories I read. The men were always going off to war, but they had their cuff links. I think I recall some of them being made of hair. I'm not sure I really got the whole hair thing - I guess whole locks of hair are pretty cool, but I never really got into the weaving of hair bracelets and all. Not really down with hair shirts either.

Anyhow. I'm not sure what brought this thought to mind. I haven't really thought about it in years. But maybe it's a function of the fact that I do dress up to go to work now, and since I'm going to keep doing it, I'd like to do it really well. So maybe I'll buy myself some cuff links.

2 Comments:

Blogger krusty the baker said...

Yes, do cufflinks, women in cufflinks look so smart, nearly as smart as me in cufflinks. But I can't quite get away with big loud costume jewellery like you ladies.

No, do not do hairshirts. That is for monks with a guilt complex. It'll also play havoc with your washing machine.

4/18/2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger krusty the baker said...

PS. Forgot to mention, have also discovered iPol solution if you're interested...

4/19/2006 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home