Just Saying Yes

I thought to myself one day, "why is 'no' my default answer to everything? I need to just start saying yes more." Amazingly, it works - you live life much more fully when you stop thinking that no is always the safest, "best" way to answer.

**Disclaimer: the foregoing statement in no way implies that the judicious use of "no" on certain select occasions is to be avoided**

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I read many things. We love to travel.

Friday, April 28, 2006

New York redux

Saturday: we slept til about 1, then watched a movie and went to the Museum of Sex (pictures posted in Flickr). Then we came back to the apartment to rest for a bit and then went back out to dinner at Churrascaria Plataforma, a Brazilian restaurant that is MEAT MEAT MEAT. Meat wrapped in bacon. Yum. Went back and watched "The Squid and the Whale" and "Kinsey" while I uploaded my pictures.

Sunday: slept in again, and then went down to South Seaport and just walked around the shops. We saw the Bodies exhibition, which neither of us wanted to go into because we don't like icky things like that. Ate lunch at Uno's, then went through Battery Park. On the way there, I saw the Mother Elizabeth Ann Seton shrine - she is the saint I was named after! I took some pictures there, and then we headed back, I got my stuff, bid adieu to Chris, took a taxi to the airport.

My flight was over an hour late, but Cristina was there waiting for me. I was so glad to see her. I did have a great time, and yes, it was only two nights and three days, but still - I missed her terribly. It's good to be home.

Thanks for having me, Chris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home